- £1,638 per week
- £234 per night
- 10 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Open fire or woodburner
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Nestled in 32 spectacular acres, Hutchinghayes Farmhouse provides a truly unique holiday haven for groups of 8-10.
Home to a hearty handsome interior, the fully-restored 4 bed Farmhouse oozes all the effortless ambience and style of an ancient country manor; with an oak panelled entrance hall, exposed beams, wide oak floor boards, thick solid stone walls and charming inglenooks to accompany the characterful accommodation.
Complemented of course by all the must-have home comforts including a spectacular farmhouse kitchen, a sumptuous drawing room, a cosy library/TV snug room, free Wi-Fi access, log fires and a boutique country flavour to the flexible bedding arrangements; the scene is set for a memorable self-catering stay in Devon.
A captivating holiday oasis in an area of outstanding natural beauty; the Farmhouse is located within easy reach of Combe Raleigh and the well-serviced market town of Honiton. Ideal for year-round escapes, the setting also offers close proximity to the A30 and M5, as well as to Taunton, Exeter, Sidmouth Beach, the Jurassic Coast and the rugged beauty of Dartmoor.
• A delightful dual aspect room with deep window sills and large inglenook with wood burning stove.
• Sets the perfect scene for classic year-round coffee moments and evening drinks together, with two fabric sofas enabling large groups to sit comfortably.
• While away a Sunday morning or even a guilt-free day, within the ambient comfort of this charming snug-style family room.
• Complemented by classic leather seating which includes a comfortable sofa and handsome set of leather armchairs.
• The book & games library is complemented by a large flat screen TV perfect for movie moments.
• The romantic warmth and glow from the wood burning stove 'conjures up' for cosy evenings in, whilst the French doors lead onto a raised lake view terrace - perfect for that easy-going summertime flow.
• The light-filled conservatory offers magnificent views across the lake and distant Blackdown hills; for the perfect all-weather day room in which to socialise, unwind and enjoy total relaxation.
• Features two comfy soft fabric sofas, an easy chair and lovely flag stones which lead on through to the adjoining dining area complete with large rectangular table and 14 chairs.
• Truly the 'heart of the home', this fabulous farmhouse kitchen and breakfast room features exposed beams, flagstones and a family Aga with a large chef's prepping table and country dresser.
• The kitchen is complemented by an adjoining utility room with additional work tops, a fridge, freezer, dishwasher and useful service sinks plus further work surfaces.
• A kitchen back door leads out to a tiered stone terrace and small parterre where a kitchen garden, large oval table & chairs for 8 and ornamental vase flowers grow.
• Adjoining the spacious sun-lit conservatory.
• Once an old dairy and bakery, the dining room retains a rustic flavour; with the original brick bread oven still set within the inglenook fireplace.
• Perfect for year-round family entertaining for up to 14 guests who can celebrate special occasions; with a classic dinner party ambience.
Master Suite - Offering an added dose of privacy; being nestled in a separate private wing of the farmhouse above the library.
• A generous master bedroom ideal as a luxury couple-friendly room or for groups of 3
• Features a high-vaulted beamed ceiling, a feature fireplace, large flat screen TV and beautiful views across the lake and the Blackdown Hills beyond.
• Accompanied by a solid wood super king size bed + an extra single bed located discreetly behind the chimney breast.
• Features a luxury full en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and elegant roll top bath, sink & WC.
Principal sleeping quarters
Reached from the second oak staircase which leads up to an impressive 1st floor vaulted landing. This floor is serviced by a traditional-style contemporary family bathroom with bath tub and overhead shower.
• A versatile bedroom suitable either for couples, as a twin option or to accommodate groups of 3.
• Furnished with a sumptuous king size bed + a single bed.
• A spacious bedroom with king size bed.
• Offering views of the back terrace and featuring a long narrow airing cupboard with hanging space.
• A lovely classic Double bedroom.
• Accompanied by a flat screen TV and contemporary en-suite shower room.
The Farmhouse benefits from a shared 1st floor family bathroom (bath tub with overhead shower), a luxury Master en-suite (fitted with a walk-in shower and roll top bath tub), a second modern en-suite bathroom with shower to Bedroom 2 and a convenient cloakroom WC to the ground floor, next to the library.
Further benefits include free Wi-Fi access, many log fires, full laundry facilities and an iron and ironing board. There is also a personal welcome by the owner on arrival.
The Farmhouse setting is also home to a second holiday home known as 'Hutchinghayes Barn' (sleeps 4) and the Estate owner (who discreetly resides in a separate dwelling).
The Farmhouse features a garage and private parking spaces. Please note that due to limitations of parking at the property, day guests are permitted by prior arrangement with the property owner only.
Within the immediate surroundings of the Farmhouse, guests can enjoy a relaxed summertime feast out on the covered BBQ terrace or amongst the pretty potted geraniums which grace the sunny sheltered dining terrace.
Nestled within romantic shared landscaped grounds, guests will be able to soak up pure holiday escapism the moment they step out the door.
Home to an Italianate courtyard with trickling fountain, lush sweeping lawns, two magnificent lakes, tucked-away streams, sun-speckled bluebell woods, gentle rolling pastures and even resident Koi Carp, Mallard ducks, grazing fenced-off sheep and three friendly pigs; guests can easily leave the worries of the modern world at home and enjoy the good life.
With many of the pretty vistas captured by well-placed benches, guests can relax with a good book, practice their yoga or enjoy an afternoon of painting or photography amongst the inspirational natural setting.
Simply made for exploration too; the gardens offer the perfect respite for those alone or with company. From the main sweeping lawn, a romantic 'Monet' bridge leads to an island where two pretty bridges grace a gushing stream, which lead down towards the lower lake.
Both the top and bottom lakes offer a timeless sense of wonder and escapism, with the larger bottom lake serving up a classic picnic-perfect moment too by the rustic boat house, with views from there of a pretty lake folly.
Please be aware that Hutchinghayes has a 5 foot deep fountain in the courtyard and the property is surrounded by a private open plan garden of lawns which extend to the upper and lower deep water lakes. Because of the nature of the property, its grounds and its wonderful views, the lakes are not fully fenced off. It is not therefore suitable for young children; swimming, boating and fishing are not permitted and visitors are asked to take the utmost care when in the courtyard or garden.
The Farmhouse is conveniently placed for reaching Combe Raleigh, as well as the throng of highly-recommended eateries, restaurants and antique shops found in the well-serviced market town of Honiton. The historic market town of Honiton is well known for its lace, and as such offers the Allhallows Museum; where visitors can take an interesting journey through its manufacturing heritage.
For those seeking action whilst away, a wide selection of golf clubs, walking routes and bridle ways can be found around this surrounding natural beauty spot. Classic beach days, water sports and walks await your enjoyment too at nearby Sidmouth and along the Jurassic coast, whilst bird shoots and fishing can be found along the River Exe and Barle. The racing opportunities at nearby Wincanton, Taunton, Exeter and Newton Abbot, the many shops and cosmopolitan distractions of Taunton and Exeter and the leisure pursuits of nearby Dartmoor and Exmoor National Park all promise to keep young and old happy.
Honiton offers easy access to the A30 (for London, the South West and the national road network) as well as the M5 motorway. Serviced by a train station too, Honiton can easily be reached from London Waterloo in 2 hours 45 minutes. Nearby Taunton (17 miles) offers a London Paddington service that takes 1 hour 45 minutes. The Farmhouse is also easily accessible for those arriving by domestic or international flight; with Exeter and Bristol Airports both nearby.
Notes: For a full list of beds, as well as amenities available at this property, please go to our 'At a Glance' tab below the photo gallery.
This property has a refundable Accidental Damage Deposit of £400, which is payable with the final balance of your holiday, eight weeks prior to your arrival, and is refunded within 5 working days of your departure. Alternatively, you may wish to pay a non-refundable Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver equivalent to 10% of the Accidental Damage Deposit value, which covers you for the full value of the Accidental Damage Deposit, should any damage occur during your stay.
A lovely family holiday to celebrate a 70th birthday. The accommodation and space suited us perfectly. We enjoyed walking around the grounds, sitting in the boathouse watching the fish and visiting the delightful pigs!
Fantastic week celebrating a 50th birthday. The house and grounds are simply stunning. Sunny days in the immaculate gardens. The perfect place to unwind with family and explore Devon, Dorset and the Jurassic Coast.
A family reunion and 40th birthday at Hutchinghayes - what a place! The house, the setting, the location - Perfect! A picturesque and peaceful retreat.
We have loved our stay in your warm and welcoming farmhouse. What a wonderful place to spend precious time with family.
Words cannot express how wonderful Hutchinghayes is .. a beautiful home. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Lovely place to stay for celebrating a birthday. The grounds are incredible and catered for everyone from the farm animals to relaxing by the lakes... sunny or rainy there is plenty of entertainment throughout.
A UK and US family gathering. EVEN better than the brochure...
The property owner Liz, was there to meet us, was very friendly and helpful about the property and the surrounding area, the home and grounds were amazing, would definitely visit again
A slice of perfection! A wonderful venue for a family gathering, so welcoming and comfortable. Look forward to coming again.